Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Leavin' On a Jet Plane...

I know, I know, I know. It is embarrassing to admit that it has been months since my last post! I have been wrapped up in the world of painting, making jewelry, working on old sailboats and spending lots of early mornings at Kali's body pump and combat classes. I have some pics here and there that I will have to throw in later. I am currently sitting next to huge bay windows overlooking the lovely vast tarmac of LAX waiting to redeem my ONE WAY TICKET to Hawaii. :o)

It has been a long time prepping, selling my car, trading in my desktop for a netbook (thank you Uncle Jim), packing up my belongings and downsizing my life to one suitcase, a backpack and a duffel bag. I start my new job with Ocean Concepts on the 28th and need to find a roof over my head and some mode of transportation preferably with good gas mileage and a decent amount of rust to keep me under the radar so that I don't get broken in to. Something I know is bound to happen.

It's amazing how NOT nervous I am, which in a very round about way almost makes me nervous! I keep asking myself, "Should I be nervous?" I have been reassured time and time again by prayers, family and friends that this move couldn't be more needed and more perfect for me. I am so excited to see what 2011 brings!

Please stay tuned for more updates that I promise will be coming more regularly!

~ ALOHA ~

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck sweetie!! I look forward to reading about all your adventures. Keep us posted on your housing situation, safe travels, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! How exciting for you! Wishing you the best! I hope you will keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you settled yet? Do you have an address? If you have an address, you might get a package... I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zemra, this is great. Sa mire e paske shitur makinen, me ne stinkin fund!
    Te dua shume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you call your family more than you update your blog!

    Come on, I know Hawaii is awesome, but post something... please...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always imagined you doing just what you're doing now, so glad you finally made it!

    ReplyDelete