



We went to Konstanz, Germany the day after I arrived. It's only about 20 min away and I almost fell asleep in the car. The time change is killing me... still! It is an adorable little city right on the lake here that borders Switzerland and Germany. It was raining, but I like the rain and I didn't mind. People were still out and about, not like in Albania where everyone runs and hides from the rain! We walked around and looked at the intricate buildings, fountains, and statues. Buildings that were dated back to the 1300s. Kuno kept asking me if it looks anything like where I'm from! Not at all Kuno!
We tried German Ice Cream and it was yummy to my tummy! I loved the flowers outside the windows on most of the buildings and enjoyed seeing everyone mingle and hearing all the different languages.
Afterwards we went to do some shopping because it's cheaper in Germany. A whole cart full of new foods to try... LOVE IT!!! Eventhough Swiss Chocolate is so much better than German, we did get a little German chocolate to nibble on. And of course lots of sausage.. it's definitely a staple. I've had sausage everyday so far! One thing we DID NOT purchase was cheese! Cheese is much much better in Switzerland according to the experts. I didn't put up a fight that's for sure!
It was a great day and I am learning a lot about cooking swiss foods from Margrit who is an EXCELLENT cook and gave me the nutrition I needed to make it through the last months of my mission which I will forever be grateful for!
You said sausage but I do hope you are having loads of gelato too... xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete