Friday, July 30, 2010

Ulrich Zwingli - Father of Swiss Reformation

Ulrich Zwingli was born in Wildhaus, in this house below, in 1484. Martin Luther and Ulrich Zwingli were born within 7 weeks of each other and were co-originators of the Protestant Reformation. Their reforming movements lead into Western Christendom, followed by other reformers such as Calvin and Bullinger. For them I am very grateful... for the movement of getting the Bible into the hands of the people and for starting the movement outwest. This is the house he was born in. We went inside and all over... all the wood was original! Very few things were restored. It was incredible!








Before they could make full sheets of glass, they would make windows like this...
This bed was TINY! No way I could fit in it. It was incredible to see how small people were. Also, the bedding is original. Stuffed with leaves for cushion and warmth.

Where he did a lot of his studying and translating.


2 comments:

  1. Katie Jane-
    Glad your having such a good time. I want to go back with you in the winter! Keep the post's and pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT GLASS WINDOW... what an incredible place to go visit... simply beautiful!xoxo

    ReplyDelete