Monday, September 27, 2010
Munchin in Munchen.....
Flew in to Munchen yesterday and had a 14 hr layover, so I decided to take the train into downtown Munchen to see the sights. As I walked around the airport and asked for directions and how to get to Munchen, everyone said, "Perfect timing for Oktoberfest!" I had no idea what to expect. The train ride was about 40 min and it was a beautiful smooth ride to the Marienplatz, City Center. When I came up from the Station, this is what I saw.
It was a beautiful day out, but it was still pretty early and the streets weren't that crowded yet. I was starving and followed my nose to this lovely little German delight.....
Bratwurst, Bread, and Mustard. Does it really get any better than this? It tasted simply delightful, delicious, and delovely. Yes, I just threw Bratwurst into that category!
I walked towards the Oktoberfest tents and these beautiful dried potpourri arrangements were everywhere, and incredibly intoxicating. They smelled amazing. The pictures are barely worth it.



Center of Oktoberfest and the Beer Gardens. It was neat to see everyone dressed in Lederhosen and Drindl, oh and did I mention the insane amounts of Beer people started drinking before 9am. Crazy! I had an amazing Sober Oktoberfest and enjoyed other munchies instead.




This is empty now, but it's basically a bar bike. People sit around it and peddle sideways, as if they are sitting at a bar. They drink, sing songs, and peddle around town. They were everywhere.
My beverage of choice: Melon, Lemon, Orange Juice. 
I finished my day in Munchen with a little nap in the middle of the park. It was so pleasant, and I was so exhausted. Yes, I was that bum in the middle of the park completely passed out. I loved it though, being there and just soaking everything up. I woke up when it got a little chilly and I headed back to the airport to get one step close to my dear Shqiperia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Soberfest huh? Way to be strong! Why didn't you get your costume on? I would have paid to see you in liderhosen??? You wore one before you left for your mission remember? LOL and oh my goodness - I had to just take a super deep breath when I saw all those wreaths and just pretend what I could smell. How lovely! Way to be adventurous and enjoy the brats & beers (well... eating the brats & watching all the others drink the beers!) xoxo
ReplyDelete