Monday, September 27, 2010

Sailing On....

A lot has happened since my last post, and will take the time to update all that has happened as time permits. I did make it home in time to see my sweet Grandpa before he passed away on 9/9/10 in the morning next to my Grandma's side. His head directed towards her the entire night. Before his passing, my amazing family was able to be in his room and each have a chance to be with him. We sang some of his favorites to him: Edelweiss, Take Me Out to The Ball Game, On Wisconsin, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and many more. It was beautiful. I have many photos that I will include in a future Post dedicated to him and the memories he left with me. That will have to come after this Adventure Part Deux wraps up.

Consider this post as a holding spot for my lovely time in Spain and the post about my Grandpa, I will get back to both of them. Time is precious, especially now that I have safely and successfully made it back to.... drum roll..... ALBANIA!!!!!!!!!!! I am sitting here now, the same place I would send emails home as a missionary. It's been raining, so I wanted to get this out of the way before I go and visit the most amazing people in the world... Shqiptaret!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming home.... it meant a lot to everyone! And so glad your back in your home away from home.

    ReplyDelete