We spent four days in Wildhaus and eventhough it rained, we still found the time to go out and enjoy the area. As normal, there is a lot of quiet time to be expected 'Up at the Cabin', it is no different here in Switzerland. We played games, hiked, slept, sat by the fireplace, and I read a lot while Margrit did crossword puzzles and Kuno studied Spanish. He is determined - He was reading the dictionary! The picture below is a walk into town. The meadows were beautiful and I loved that we walked everywhere, no need to drive.

Knowing that Samira and I had a language conflict I made sure to bring the essentials for any two girls to bond no matter what the age or language.... hair accessories. I told Margrit to ask her if she would like me to do her hair like a princess the next morning before our hike. Well, she woke up bright and early and snuck into their room and asked when I was getting up! She sat very patiently while I did her hair and left it the whole time we were up there.


This is the view from their porch to the right. Each one of those peaks in the distant are loaded with trails. Yes, that is a ski lift going up the mountain. It connects to another, and another, and another. Their storage room next to my room downstairs was loaded with snowboards, snowshoes, skis, sleds, tubes, boots, you name it. They say I MUST come back in the winter. Twist my arm?

Their neighbor...

A simple lunch. We have a rhythm down. I help Margrit prepare whatever she needs and clean up as we go. Then I let her just sit and relax while I clean up everything afterwards. I get the impression this rarely happens to her, so I'm glad I can be of help. I would watch her sit on the couch and just smile, but not really knowing what to do with herself either. This meal was meat and noodles. Followed by their non-coffee version of well... coffee. Its a Caro drink and its warm and yummy. Happily consumed after every meal.

A walk into town....

The adorable houses that are everywhere. Every window has a flower box and every flower box is blooming and beautiful. Mainly geraniums which always make me think of my mom and Grandma.

As we hike through the mountains, its very common to walk upon cows, sheep, or goats grazing in the pastures. This was an old barn we came across and explored. It was kept very neat and tidy.

I will have to put a video of the cow bells in the background. The dingling and twingly in the far distance is a wonderful sound. Especially how it echoes off the mountains. You can see the cows in the background of this photo.
I GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL!!!!
ReplyDelete:o).... I gotta fever!!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know about cowbells but I do love the flower boxes. So glad you got to go here too... every place seems so surreal. Thank you for sharing it with me... xoxoxo
ReplyDelete