Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dilsberg & Hirscchorn & SKUNK

Had a nice drive to two castles: Dilsberg & Hircchorn. We even ended the evening with a skunk, picture included at the end of the post. Dilsberg was a beautiful castle up on the hill that had a small community living inside of it.... take a peak.


Dilsberg sitting on top of the hill....

What I loved about this drive, are all the castles and fortresses that you can see scattered throughout the surrounding mountainsides.
We went to Hemingway's for dinner, a quaint restaurant along the water smothered with sailing and fishing memorabilia with random photos of Ernest Hemingway. Mike and Soni insisted that I try the 'Schnitzel', which I did for the first time. It wasn't that bad, but don't know if I would order it again. I barely ate half of it! The pork kebobs that Sonila had were simply mahvelous however! Before the food came, knowing it would be a long wait, Mike brought some dice and we played Yahtzee while we waited for our food. Don't know who won, but I was the first to get a Yahtzee!

Mike and Soni have some friends out here with a pet skunk named "Cotton". So we had to pay them a visit. Soni doesn't like animals though, and I had to beg her to take a photo with me. She did reluctantly but didn't want to get too close, as you can see.

1 comment:

  1. A skunk? And it didn't spray you??? What? How funny... you didn't say anything about a skunk! Thank goodness you didn't smell like one when you came home for a bit! Glad the crazy adventures there are endless!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete