Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Introducing Raclette and Swiss Chocolate

Raclette... the Swiss dish that I fell in love with on Sunday. So intense was this delicious occassion that I have to share it with you all. Introducing the infamous Margrit Muller and her Raclette.

First, this special double decker grill that heats meat, sausage, pineapple, etc. on top. Below you can see little white handles to these small trays that gently craddles cheese as it is scorched to a bubbly perfection from the grill above.
Necessary ingredients to complete the moment: potatoes, onions, mushrooms, baby corn, pickles (not for you Ashley!), and whatever else goes good with cheese.
The cheese being placed on the trays. Black pepper cheese, plain cheese, herb cheese, etc.
How to put it together: Take the potatoes and cut them open, cube them or mash them. Place whatever you want on top, with a special Raclette seasoning. Top with bubbling creamy cheese. Eat. Enjoy. Repeat.
Most people know how I like to eat. Its very strategic and experimental. I think and plan ahead and know which bite I will be saving for my last, final memory of the meal. (No, you cannot have the last piece of my ribs that I have set on the side of my plate to save for The Last Bite.) I also love trying new things, which is why I am that person that will always share food with the person next to me, across from me, and down from me. An art that Kali and I have mastered. With that said, I would like to offer my favorite combinations. Potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, cheese. Potatoes, sausage, pineapple, pepper cheese. Potatoes, onions, mushrooms, pickles, sausage, herb cheese. Potatoes and cheese. Oh.. I'm getting hungry. Here it is... isn't it beautiful! (Sonila just walked by and says, "Wow that looks delicous what is that? Oh! It's Raclette! Yummmm.. doesn't it look so pretty?) Pretty edible.
And for Swiss Chocolate. Most also know that I do not consider myself a chocolate connoisseur, that I actually prefer Caramel over Chocolate. Put the two together and that's more like it. Add Pear and you will be eating the best chocolate bar ever made. This is the location of where I purchased my newest love.
Grocercy store aisles in heaven. Rows and rows of Swiss Chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. "Trailblaza",
    This is epic! You're a rockstar! You need to stop teasing us with this rows and rows of chocolate business. In Dutch Harbor the closest thing we have access to that could possibly compare to a Swiss chocolate bar is a stupid Tootsie Roll and that's going to run you $2.50!

    Keep the updated coming and you have a very loyal audience! Have a blast and don't look back!

    Love,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am a firm believer in the carefully planned Last Bite! And I'm so going to dream about that chocolate aisle tonight. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SERIOUSLY...
    not only does that dinner look delicious but the rows and rows of chocolate. Seriously? My goodness what a feast. How did you ever decide which bar to buy? One of each maybe? Why not.. I'm sure it's good for your hair or something? Well make sure to have a few bites for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete