Mike and Sonila came down to Fraunfeld to drop off their cousins and stay the night. We had a great dinner with her family and I absolutely LOVED speaking Albanian! They couldn't believe that I understood them and were confused that I was from California and not Europe. I love when I get that reaction. We sat, ate, laughed, it felt so.... normal. This is the family that Sonila and I will be staying with in Italy for a little over a week mid-August, on the beach at Rosolina Mare. Yes, I have already contacted the SCUBA companies for the area. After dinner, we decided to check out the area and went to Konstanz again to see what it was like in the evening. It was amazing. The weather was perfect, we walked all along the water and I drooled over all the sailboats. We could hear music in the background and followed it. The Konstanz Yacht Club was having an outdoor concert, so naturally we went up to the front of the stage and started dancing! It was a perfect evening. As we were walking back along the water, the sun was setting and fireworks were going off all over the place. Someone must've told them I was in town :o).
Look at the Swiss Alps in the background.






The next day we went to church with the Mullers, had a wonderful lunch (the famous Raclette) and headed on to Rheinfall and then Heidelberg. Rheinfall is the biggest waterfall in Europe and it was absolutely breathtaking. See for yourself.
Gorgeous vineyard and town that nestles upto the Rheinfall.
Mike and Sonila Wood. The wonderful friends I am staying with here in Heidelberg. Sonila is Albanian and I served in her home town (Durres) and Branch for 9 months. We are very close and e dua si Motren time.
hi to Sonila too!!! Glad you are both all smiles!
ReplyDelete