




After about 50 minutes we finally get closer and closer to Venezia and the famous Piazza San Marco where are boat would be stopping. 
Sonila and Me. Two incredibly happy girls about to step foot into Venezia and turn ourselves loose!

Sonila's family came with us, but didn't stay the entire time. We kept Clara though with us and had a wonderful time samlping new foods, exploring little walkways, admiring all the glass, the masks, and of course Shoes! 
As we walked up towards Piazza San Marco Sonila had me close my eyes and she walked me into the center of it and then had me open them. It was so beautiful and breathtaking.

Clara stayed with us when her family headed back home. We had so much fun popping into little stores here and there. I also had my first pastry taste here (I know first time, and I've been in Europe for almost a month!) I was walking down the street with a vanilla-custard-scrumptious-yummy thing in my right hand and a chocolate-powdered sugary-delightful thingy in my left. What a treat eh!?!


This was such a beautiful sight. I shall call it the Fountain of Bliss.


This view reminds me of the etching I purcashed by a local artist. It grabbed my attention as soon as I stepped off the ferry and kept whispering to me the entire day. I was sold and walked right up to the artist after circling the city and got it.

This orange slushy drink became a frequent thirst quencher for us during our stay.


Venezia was such a treat and I'm so glad for the many opportunities I've had to explore so many different cities. A city on the water, with canals and boats everywhere was such a dream city for me. The feeling was unique and warm. I thought of my sister, Sarah, around every corner!On the ferry back to Chioggia. At sunset. Another perfect day.


I sooooo wish I could've been there with you! And glad you enjoyed it as much as I did while I was there... it is always love at first sight with Italy! I am sooo happy that you have some of Italia inside of you now too! Don't worry... it won't ever go away! Italy stays with you sempre! Ti voglio bene mia bella sorella!!!baci baci
ReplyDelete