Sunday, August 8, 2010

Frankfurt Temple, Friedrichdorf, Mainz & Weisbaden

We made it to the Frankfurt Germany Temple Saturday morning for the 9:00 session. It was a small and very personal session, which I loved. I am looking forward to coming back with the Albanians in September.

After the temple we walked around the market in downtown Friedrichdorf and snacked on some yummy olives and fresh bread. We were on a hunt for some vintage stores in the area and headed into downtown Frankfurt. It was such a beautiful day, not too hot, light breeze.
We didn't know exactly where we were going, which I loved, and stumbled into a huge indoor market. Lots of fresh meats, flowers, fish, dried fruits, teas, salami and lots of cheese!
We tried little bits of everything. Oh and the olives! I musn't forget my little green friends that I have a special place for in my stomach. Sonila and I were dying with every bite! We paid many moments of silence for the delicious combination of olive, cheese, salami, and fresh warm bread.
Afterwards we met up with some friends of theirs in the military and walked around Mainz and then Weisbaden.
Mainz is also the place of the famous Gutenberg Press where the first Bible was printed. Here are some of the stools that are randomly found throughout the park.
Weisbaden was also a sight to behold. We came here to walk around and eventually settled into this busy restaurant where I was blessed with the best pizza I have ever eaten. (And I haven't even made it to Italy!) It was called "Dell'aple" and was this blended cheese pizza with smoked mozzarella and gorgonzola cheese topped with figs, sun-dried tomatoes, and salad. It was such a hit with everyone! We were all begging for more!
This is me, well, being... me.

2 comments:

  1. I have been to the Frankfurt, Germany Temple!!!! So jealous of your trip-looks like a blast.

    Amanda Groth Andersen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankfurt looks splendid! I love the architecture and I am sure Alex is glad you got a chance to be there. I do hope that you took a deep breath for Anita. It is all so beautiful! Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete