


The spire to the old church had been turned into a viewing platform with an elevator that went to the top. We were able to go up there and look around the beautiful cities. There were amazing photos of what the area looked like after the war.



This photo is of the city hall that we decided to go and explore once we got down from the platform because it looked so incredible from a distance, it must've been amazing up close and personal. That it was.




On our way to Denmark!!!! It was rainy and cold in Hamburg, but Denmark was absolutely beautiful. I will say now and will repeat myself many times.... I LOVE DENMARK!!! I love everything about DENMARK!!! The waterfront, the people, the buildings, the history, the food, and of course... the fashion. To arrive in Copenhagen we had to cross the Island of Odense which is home of the famous Hans Christian Anderson, author of stories such as Thumbelina, The Ugly Duckling, and my personal favorite... The Little Mermaid. 
This is the site of the home of Hans Christian Anderson, but it was closed. We walked around this park for a while, right behind his house, and it was packed with ducks of all different kinds. After this photo was taken, all the ducks started swimming towards us and then came out of the water. Each began ruffling it's feathers or doing weird little dances. It was pretty weird. In a strange way.... it was if they were trying to strut their stuff and prove that they weren't the ugliest duckling. 
Everywhere throughout this town are stories and tributes to H.C. Anderson. These pillars were around the corners of a hotel downtown.

Hans sharing some of his stories with me....

After Odense we headed to Zealand, the island of Copenhagen. The weather was clear and warm, a nice contrast from Hamburg. We took a long bridge to get to Zealand passing lighthouses, boats, windmills, and eventually a very pricey toll. :(
We went straight to our campsite, an old military fort, just outside of Copenhagen. Right on the water, Fort Charlottelund was a perfect plact to stay. Even if our cards to get into the bathrooms rarely worked! View from our campsite.
After setting up camp, we decided to go into Copenagen and see what the night life had to offer. Can I say one more time, I LOVE COPENHAGEN! Everything was very lively and exciting. Fun music and streat performers, people on bikes everywhere. Food stands, and stores that stay open late. We walked along what is known to be the longest pedestrian walk in the world.
To wrap up the night, we decided to stop by the Temple so we would know where to find it for the following morning. We flew past it at first, blended right in with the dark red brick exterior. The Angel Moroni caught my eye and I knew that we had found exactly what we were searching for. 
Sounds like Denmark is breathtaking. I love all the statues... EVERYWHERE! It seems they are all over the place. Thanks for all the fun pictures. I love the fountains... maybe I"ll get there someday... xoxoxo
ReplyDelete